17 January 2012

Dance Class


I'm so excited to start dance class again. My college consortium offers free dance classes for students and I signed up for ballet and modern technique classes. I danced for eleven years (ballet, jazz, modern, pointe) and quit when I was a junior in high school. It was one of the hardest decisions of my life but I had to do it. It was something I loved; I felt beautiful on pointe. Unfortunately, some people are mean and I was bullied a lot and went home and cried almost every day. It still makes me mad that I let a clique ruin dance for me but it was right at that time.

I took an advanced ballet class last spring semester and failed horribly. I wasn't as flexible or coordinated as I used to be and my leg muscles had gotten weak. I knew all the steps, I just couldn't make myself do it. This semester I'm taking intermediate classes. It should slow things down a little and get me back into the swing of things. I'm sure the first couple weeks will be hard but I'm also going to start eating better and exercising to get all my muscles back into shape.
It's a lot of work but one my dreams is to be back on pointe.
[photo credit.]

No comments:

Post a Comment