04 January 2012

Nostalgia

Today felt like I was still in high school, but in a good way. Wait what?
I know. It's weird. I spent a good part of my day watching Gilmore Girls, which I adore. I own the entire series on DVD; it's hilarious and I get caught up in Lorelai and Rory's drama again and again even though I can just about quote every episode. My old GameBoy DS also made an appearance when I was looking for my DVD remote so I turned it on and have played the Sims Bustin' Out almost all the way through at this point. I'd be embarrassed for myself to admit this pretty much to the entire internet but the Sims games are just fun and addicting and I haven't played with my GameBoy since maybe my freshman year of high school. My nana made spheghetti for dinner and it's one of my favorite things to eat when I'm back home and I never have pasta sauce as good as hers. After dinner I went out for coffee with my friend Erin. Erin is one of my best friends and we've been close ever since we sat next to each other in our English class freshman year. We don't see each other too much since I go to school in Boston and she's in Providence but whenever we get together we also have a lot of fun.
So weirdly enough, I had a good day back home in Rhode Island. It was semi-reminiscent of my high school years (which sucked) but today seemed to compile all of the good parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment